Candidates who wish to register for the Joint Entrance Examination, should submit their applications online. The Central Board of Secondary Education does not issue printed application forms for the Joint Entrance Examination. The entire application procedure has been made online to ensure the quick processing of applications. The application link will be posted on the JEE(Main) website. For guidelines on how to fill up the JEE Main Application Form online, candidates can carefully read through the instructions given below.
Directions for filling up the JEE Main Application Form:
- To access the link for online applications, candidates have to log on to the official JEE (Main) website first.
- Before proceeding to fill up the online application form, candidates should scan images of their photograph, signature and thumb impression. Students will be required to upload these images during the application form submission process. The digital images should be uploaded as per the minimum acceptable dimensions. Applicants should upload photographs that are sharp and clear. If the features of the candidate are not clearly distinguishable in the photograph,the applicant's form is liable to be rejected.
- The online application format will require applicants to declare a whole lot of information including Personal Information, Examination details such as the paper which they wish to opt for, their choice of examination center and mode of examination as well as academic details and Correspondence/ Contact details. Applicants should ensure that they do not miss out on filling in any of the vital details as the Central Board of Secondary Education which is the conducting body of JEE(Main) will be using the information furnished in the JEE Main Application Form to certify the eligibility of the applicant to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination. Applicants will be allowed to preview all the details that they have entered in the application form before submission.
- Once the JEE Main Application Form has been submitted, the system will generate a Unique Registration Number for the applicant. Applicants will have to use this system generated application number and their chosen password for subsequent logins.
- After these vital details have been saved, the system will ask applicants to upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Payment of the application fee can be done either via Online banking facilities or the E-Challan mode. Applicants opting to make payment via the Challan mode, can download the E-Challan from the website and pay the application fee in cash at the selected bank.
- Once the application fee has been remitted, applicants can secure a printout of the confirmation page. However, applicants are not required to submit a hard copy of the Confirmation page or any other documents to the JEE(Main) Secretariat.
- Application form status can be ecaluated through the through the official website of JEE (Main).
To ferret out any errors in the online application form, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will also open a correction window after the deadline for application submission. The correction window will enable applicants to modify any errors that they have made in the online application form.
Prepare with the best course