What’s new in JEE Main 2017? For the academic session 2017-18, CBSE has made few changes in the pattern of the Joint Entrance Examination (Main). Although the examination process is expected to remain the same, as per the admission notice issued by CBSE, few changes have been introduced. Candidates may scroll down to know What’s New in JEE Main 2017. it will give the JEE Aspirants an insight into the changes made in JEE Main 2017 and other important details. The Information brochure is yet to be issued and if any further changes are made,we will incorporate it in the article given below on this page.
What’s new in JEE Main 2017?
The following changes have been introduced by the MHRD and CBSE respectively for JEE Main 2017:
JEE Main 2017 Application Form:
- No need for Thumb Impression.
- Aadhaar Card mandatory for applying. check details below.
- New modes of payment for application fees introduced are SBI-Wallet and Paytm.
- For calculating JEE Main 2017 All India Rank, there will be no weightage for class XII marks.
- As per the latest notification of JEE Main 2017, candidates seeking admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and CFTIs must secure 75% marks in Class XII or equivalent examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the qualifying examination conducted by the respective board. The qualifying marks for ST/SC candidates n their XII standard or equivalent exam is 65%.
Introduction of the Aadhaar Card as an ID Proof:
- The Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI is mandatory for every candidate to apply for JEE Main 2017. At the time of filling up the JEE Main 2017 Application Form, candidates have to enter their valid Aadhaar number, name, date of birth and gender.
- The Aadhaar card provision is not applicable for candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam. They will have to enter their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid identity number issued by the government.
- The details of The Aadhaar card entered by the candidates will be verified with the data of UIDAI. Incase of any mismatch, candidates will not be able to fill the form.
- Candidates who are entitled to obtain aadhaar card and have not yet enrolled for it have to make application for the same. They may visit any aadhaar enrolment centre to get enrolled.
- If the candidate has not received aadhaar card after enrolling for it, in the application form, candidates must enter the 28 digits aadhaar enrolment ID printed on the aadhaar enrolment slip.
- CBSE has set up facilitation centres in every exam city to help candidates for aadhaar enrolment. No applicant will be charged any amount for getting enrolled.
- If aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, they have to submit a request for it. A registration number will be issued by the facilitation centre. Candidates have to enter that number at the time of filling up the application form.
- Even if CBSE has declared Gujarat as participating in JEE Main 2017, the ACPC has denied the same by issuing a separate notification announcing that GUJCET 2017 will be the state held entrance exam to engineering admissions in the state.
- IIIT Amethi is not a participating institute as it has been shut down.