The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We may collect the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Contact information such as email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as residential address, postcode, preferences and interests and
- Education history, achievements and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers, and registrations to our events and products.
We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorised representative, or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorised by us to provide services to you. We collect information in the following ways:
- Many of our services require you to register on Careers360.com. When you register, we will ask for personal information, such as your name, educational interest, email address and telephone number etc. to create your account.
- To provide you additional services, we may collect your profile information such as, but not limited to education background, date of birth.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- When you communicate with careers360.com or its Application or use its platform to communicate with other Members (such as advertisers, colleges/ institutes, etc.), we collect information about your communication and any other additional information you choose to provide
- You may supply your Personal Information to us when communicating with us via social networks and other online channels, e.g. through your Facebook identity
- We may collect information like application number, roll number, date of birth, category, gender, domicile status, disability, special reservations etc. if you are looking for detailed analysis of the tests that you have appeared with government agencies or assessment bodies. We use such personal only information only to review your performance and provide detailed analysis / results of the test based on that. We collect such information and process your request only if it is authorised by you. We do not share such information with any other entities.
We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities.
Log files, IP Addresses and Information about your Computer and Mobile Device
Due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit our platforms we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going to when you leave our platforms.
Additionally, advertisers receive the URL of the page you were on when you click on an ad on our platforms. PPPL also receives the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer, your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system (if you are accessing our platforms using a mobile device), as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier.
Use of your personal information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To help us understand your requirements and tailor the communications that we send you on our products and services that you might be interested in.
- For Internal record keeping
- To enhance our products and services
We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the platform according to demographic interests
Your personal data may be shared with selected educational institutions to communicate their marketing campaigns for their courses / programs which may be beneficial to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw your permission at any time by mailing to us as firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of your information
We work with range of educational institutions that advertise courses on our platforms. Your personal data will only be shared with educational institutions you have chosen to engage with via our websites. For example, when you make an enquiry, show interest or a prospectus request to an institution, your details relating to that enquiry will be provided to the institution so that they may answer your enquiry directly.
We may also share the information under the following circumstances
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of terms of services of careers360 platforms, or as otherwise required by law.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or to establish our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us to recognize you as a User when you return to our platforms using the same computer and web browser. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use our platforms.
In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the services to our Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Any information provided to third parties through cookies will not be personally identifiable but may provide general segment information (e.g., your industry or geography or information about your professional or educational background) for the enhancement of your user experience by providing more relevant advertising. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Our platforms do not store unencrypted personally identifiable information in the cookies.
To support the services, we provide at no cost to our Users, as well as provide a more relevant and useful experience for our Users, we target and serve our own ads and third-party ads.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser preferences. You can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies.
Links to Other platforms
Our platforms may contain links to other platforms of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other platform. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such platforms and such platforms are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the platform in question.
To use the Site, you agree that you must be of minimum age 18 years or older. If you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must use Careers360.com under the supervision of your parent, legal guardian or responsible adult.
In case you are resident of the European Union, the minimum age for these purposes shall be 16, however if local laws require that you must be older in order for Careers360.com to lawfully provide the services on the Site to you then that older age shall apply as the applicable minimum age.
How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us?
The Company provides you the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If at any time you would like to rectify or restrict the processing of your personal information, you may access your personal information and make necessary changes.
At any time, if you wish to withdraw your consent to processing your data, please email us at email@example.com
PPPL will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this Agreement.
As a User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly
- You must respect all intellectual property rights that may belong to third parties
- You must not download or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of PPPL and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to PPPL and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your password confidential and not share it with others.
- Careers360.com operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. Careers360.com monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate with Careers360.com through such social media sites the following information
- Sensitive personal data including information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of PPPL.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Amount paid towards products purchased will neither be refunded nor adjusted under any circumstance. Our customer service team would be available to address any concerns related to the product and services rendered by us. For further information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach customer care on 0124-6666 360
By registering with us, you are expressly consenting to our collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us from time to time. Processing, your information in any way, includes collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information. We believe that, every user of our Platforms must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of any of the Platforms.
PPPL reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. Changes to our policy will be updated on our platforms only. You should check our policy from time to time to ensure that you are aware of the modifications. This policy was last updated on May 15, 2019.
In purview of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) guidelines, you hereby authorize PPPL and its affiliates/partners or otherwise who are accessing your Information by virtue of their association with PPPL to communicate with you through telephone/mobile, Email, SMS or other modes of communication even if Your number/numbers(s) is/are registered in the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) or www.nccptrai.gov.in
PPPL takes utmost care to secure your Information from unauthorised access, usage or disclosure or alteration. We take appropriate steps and security measures to safeguard your Information and make sure that your Information is secured as mandated by law. For this purpose, we adopt reasonable security practices and procedures, in line with the industry standard, to include, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or disclosure while it is under our control.
While we protect your personal information as per industry standards, you acknowledge that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and PPPL cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your personal information. Therefore, you shall not hold PPPL responsible for any loss of your information, or any other data which you have shared.
Pathfinder Publishing Pvt Ltd does not store or keep credit card data in a location that is accessible via the Internet. Once a credit card transaction has been completed, all credit card data is moved off-line only to ensure that the data/credit card information received is not accessible to anyone after completion of the on-line transaction and to ensure the maximum security. Pathfinder Publishing Pvt. Ltd. uses the maximum care as is possible to ensure that all or any data / information in respect of electronic transfer of money does not fall in the wrong hands.
Pathfinder Publishing Pvt Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise.
How to Contact Us
Pathfinder Publishing Private Limited
Plot No. 78, Bhagwan Mahaveer Marg,
Sector 44, Gurugram,
Tel: 0124 6666360
Email : email@example.com