Maximum nutritional diversity is found in the group.
Kingdom Monera -
Most abundant microorganism.
Live in extreme habitats (hot springs, deserts, deep oceans) and also as parasites.
Monerans have the maximum nutritional diversity as some of them are - autotrophs - can prepare their own food (eg. Cyanobacteria)
- heterotrophs - depend on others for food (eg. Escherichia coli)
- saprophytes - feed on dead and decaying matter,
- parasitic - live on other host cells for survival and cause,
- symbiotic - in mutual relation with other organisms (eg. Anabaena )
- commensalism - it is where one organism is benefited and the other is not affected (eg. Salmonella)
- mutualism - where both the organisms are benefited.