Q 2. Draw a line . Draw a perpendicular to at any point on . On this perpendicular choose a point X, 4 cm away from l. Through X, draw a line m parallel to .
1. Draw a line l. Mark a point P on the line
2. With p as a centre and with any radius draw an arc which touches the line at A and B
3. Take a length more than AP with A as centre draw an arc. with the same length on compass and B as centre draw an arc to cut the previous arc at Q.
4. Join PQ. PQ is perpendicular to the line l
5. Take 4 cm on the compass and with P as centre cut an arc on line PQ at C. The length PC=4 cm
6. with P as a centre and any radius, draw an arc to cut line l at D and PQ at E.
7. with the same radius as in step 6 draw an arc GF with centre C so that it cuts the line PQ at G.
8. Take the length DE on the compass and with G as centre draw an arc to cut FG at J
9. Join CJ and extend the line to name it as line m. Now the line l is parallel to line m