Q 1. Draw a line, say AB, take a point C outside it. Through C, draw a line parallel to AB using ruler and compasses only.
1. Draw the line AB
2. Mark any point C outside AB and a point D on AB
3. Join CD
4. Draw an arc with convenient radius with D as centre cutting AB at E and DC at F
5. With the same radius as in step 4 draw an arc IGH with C as a centre and cutting line AC at G.
6 Place one tip of the compass on E and adjust the opening so that pencil tip touches at F.
7. With the same opening in step 6 and G as centre cut an arc at J on IGH.
8. Join CJ and extend the line. This line will be parallel to AB