1. 2T

  2. T

  3. 3/2T

  4. 3T

Answers (1)

Radioactive decay, N(t) = N_{0} e^{- \frac{0.693t}{t_{1/2}}}

Where N(t) is the amount of sample which remains after time t.

Given that 75% of the sample has decayed, hence the remaining will be 25% of initial, N(t) =0.25 N_{0}

Also t_{1/2} =T

0.25 N_{0} =N_{0}e^{- \frac{0.693t}{T}}

\Rightarrow 0.25 =e^{- \frac{0.693t}{T}}

Take loge both sides and solve

t = 2T

Option (1) is correct

Most Viewed Questions

Preparation Products

Knockout BITSAT 2023

An exhaustive program for the complete preparation of Physics Chemistry Mathematics English & Logical Reasoning of BITSAT exam, Adaptive Time Table, Chapterwise Questions, Concepts Flashcards for Quick and Effective Revision, Unlimited Chapter wise Subject wise and Full mock test for enhancing Speed & Accuracy,.

₹ 2999/- ₹ 1999/-
Buy Now
Engineering Prep Combo 2023

An exhaustive e-learning program to boost your preparation for the leading engineering entrance exams like:-, JEE Main Test Series(Chapter-wise Subject-Wise and Full Mock Test), BITSAT, VITEEE, MET, SRMJEEE, AEEE, MHT CET, AP EAPCET, TS EAMCET, Unlimited Mock Test for each exam..

₹ 7999/- ₹ 4999/-
Buy Now
Boost your Preparation for JEE Main 2021 with Personlized Coaching
 
Exams
Articles
Questions