Get Answers to all your Questions

header-bg qa

In the following human pedigree, the filled symbols represent the affected individuals. Identify the type of given pedigree.

  • Option 1)

    X-linked recessive

  • Option 2)

    Autosomal recessive

  • Option 3)

    X-linked dominant

  • Option 4)

    Autosomal dominant


Answers (1)


As we discussed in concept

Pedigree analysis in human genetics -

In human genetics, the pedigree study provides a strong tool, which is utilised to trace the inheritance of a specific trait, abnormality or disease.

- wherein

Some of the important symbols used in the pedigree analysis are shown.

Pedigree Analysis in Human Genetics


 The given pedigree shows the autosomal recessive disorder. In this disorder, the individual inherit two mutated genes, one from each parent. This disorder is usually passed on by two carriers. Health is rarely affected, but individual have one mutated gene(recessive gene) and one normal gene(dominant gene) for the condition. The carriers have a 25% chance of having an unaffected child with normal genes, 50% chance of having an unaffected child who also is a carrier and a 25% chance of having an affected chid with recessive genes. 

Option 1)

X-linked recessive

This option is incorrect.

Option 2)

Autosomal recessive

This option is correct.

Option 3)

X-linked dominant

This option is incorrect.

Option 4)

Autosomal dominant

This option is incorrect.

Posted by


View full answer

NEET 2024 Most scoring concepts

    Just Study 32% of the NEET syllabus and Score up to 100% marks