17. In your view what motivates youngsters to take to alcohol or drugs and how can this be avoided?
There are several reasons which motivate youngsters to take alcohol. Some of these are given hereunder:
1. Appreciation from friends on the use of such things.
2. Sometimes youngsters start taking these things just for pleasure
3. To get rid of depression and frustration, youngsters often move to drugs/alcohol.
4. After watching it in movies, adolescents think that taking alcohol or drugs is a sign of being cool and royal. So, they also start following these.
5. Some times the company of wrong friends makes us alcoholic.
We can avoid all these, by sharing our problems with our parents. We should understand the bad effects of alcohols and should not look at alcohols as a sign of royalty or greatness. There are many other ways to solve problems other than alcohol intake. Youngsters should be taught about the moral values.