14. List the harmful effects caused by alcohol/drug abuse.
Harmful effects caused by alcohol/drug abuse
1. These reduce the efficiency of all the tissues of our body. Long time use of drugs and alcohol can cause many mental and physical diseases.
2. These dilate the blood vessels and affect the normal functioning of the heart.
3. Excessive drug/alcohol abuse can lead to cirrhosis in the liver.
4. Excessive drug/alcohol abuse may increase the workload of kidneys and causes kidney failure.
5. Long time use of alcohols /drugs can cause impotence.
6. Alcoholics lose their image in society because of their nature created under the influence of alcohols.
7. Drug/alcohol abuse increases family violence which affects their family and social life.