1. What are the factors affecting the rate of diffusion?
The factors affecting the rate of diffusion are as follows
1. The density of the substance- The rate of diffusion of a substance is directly proportional to the square root of its relative density
2. Permeability of the medium- Rate of diffusion decreases with the permeability of the medium
3. Temperature- A rise in temperature increases the rate of diffusion
4. Diffusion pressure gradient- Rate of diffusion is directly proportional to the diffusion pressure gradient