Q : 1 Why is the atmosphere essential for life?
The atmosphere is very essential for life in the following ways:
(1) It maintains the temperature of Earth and prevents the heat from escaping during the night.
(2) The atmosphere contains nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide which are required for various life processes.
(3) Oxygen in the atmosphere is required for burning, combustion and essential for respiration.
(4) The ozone layer in the stratosphere prevents UV rays from the sun to reach the Earth's surface.
(5) It protects Earth from celestial objects like asteroids and meteors.
Create Your Account