Q : 2 Why is water essential for life?
Water is essential for life for the following reasons:
(1) All chemical reaction at the cellular level occurs with water as the solvent.
(2) Water acts as a medium for the transportation of substances in our body.
(3) Terrestrial animals require fresh water for the intake of essential minerals.
(4) Water is required to get rid of waste from the body in the form of sweat and urine.
(5) Water is essential for photosynthesis by which plants make food.
Create Your Account