Advantages of living in a nuclear family -
1. One can get one's own personal space.
2. The family is small so we can concentrate on the education of the children.
3. The nuclear family can concentrate more effectively on their health.
Disadvantages of living in a nuclear family-
1. In time of need, you may feel the need of more helpers than you have in your family.
2. You may need insecurity regarding emitional and financial support.
3. People may feel loneliness.
Advantages of living in a joint family-
1. People don't feel lonely they can depend on each other for emotional support.
2. They can depend on each other for financial support.
3. They may stand for each other in time of emergency situations.
Disadvantages of living in a joint family-
1. Lack of personal space and restrictions on decision making.
2. Lack of education and opportunities for financial development.
3. Interference in parenting and encroachment upon personal responsibility.