4. Do you think that reproductive health in our country has improved in the past 50 years? If yes, mention some such areas of improvement.
Yes, reproductive health in our country has improved in the past 50 years as India has taken some serious steps to improve reproductive health in the country.
1. Programmes such as family planning started in 1951.
2. Government together with certain NGOs are creating awareness about reproductive health through audio-visual aids and print media
3. Maternal and infant mortality rate has been decreased drastically in India.
4. To stop female foeticides, amniocenteses have been banned in India.
5. Massive immunization programmes for infants and children have been set up.