2. Differentiate between the following.
(a) Wildlife sanctuary and biosphere reserve
Here is the difference between a wildlife sanctuary and a biosphere reserve:
|Wildlife sanctuary||Biosphere reserve|
1. It is a place where animals are protected from any disturbance and also their habitat is conserved.
2. It provides protection as well as suitable living conditions to wild animals.
3. example- Bori and Pachmarhi (part of Pachmarhi biosphere)
1. It is a large area of protected land for conservation of animals, plants and their habitat also.
2. It helps to maintain the biodiversity and culture of that area.
3.ex. Pachmarhi biosphere