6. A student noted the number of cars passing through a spot on a road for 100 periods each of 3 minutes and summarised it in the table given below. Find the mode of the data :
5. The given distribution shows the number of runs scored by some top batsmen of the world in one-day international cricket matches.
Find the mode of the data.
4. The following distribution gives the state-wise teacher-student ratio in higher secondary schools of India. Find the mode and mean of this data. Interpret the two measures.
3. The following data gives the distribution of total monthly household expenditure of 200 families of a village. Find the modal monthly expenditure of the families. Also, find the mean monthly expenditure :
2. The following data gives the information on the observed lifetimes (in hours) of 225 electrical components :
Determine the modal lifetimes of the components.
1. The following table shows the ages of the patients admitted in a hospital during a year:
Find the mode and the mean of the data given above. Compare and interpret the two measures of central tendency.
Q2. The distance (in km) of 40 engineers from their residence to their place of work were
found as follows:
5 3 10 20 25 11 13 7 12 31
19 10 12 17 18 11 32 17 16 2
7 9 7 8 3 5 12 15 18 3
12 14 2 9 6 15 15 7 6 12
Construct a grouped frequency distribution table with class size 5 for the data given above taking the first interval as 0-5 (5 not included). What main features do you observe from this tabular representation?