14. Match the following:
(a) Operculum (i) Ctenophora
(b) Parapodia (ii) Mollusca
(c) Scales (iii) Porifera
(d) Comb plates (iv) Reptilia
(e) Radula (v) Annelida
(f ) Hairs (vi) Cyclostomata and Chondrichthyes
(g) Choanocytes (vii) Mammalia
(h) Gill slits (viii) Osteichthyes
13. Segmentation in the body is first observed in which of the following:
(a) Platyhelminthes (b) Aschelminthes (c) Annelida (d) Arthropoda
12. Could the number of eggs or young ones produced by an oviparous and viviparous mother be equal? Why?
8. Water vascular system is the characteristic of which group of the following:
7. What are the reasons that you can think of for the arthropods to constitute the largest group of the animal kingdom?
3. How useful is the study of the nature of body cavity and coelom in the classification of animals?
1. What are the difficulties that you would face in classification of animals, if common fundamental features are not taken into account?