10. What initiatives were taken for reducing vehicular air pollution in Delhi? Has air quality improved in Delhi?
5. Match the items given in column A and B:
|Column A||Column B|
|a.Catalytic converter||i. Particulate matter|
|b.Electrostatic precipitator||ii. Carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides|
|c.Earmuffs||iii. High noise level|
|d. Landfills||iv. Solid Wastes|
3. Discuss the causes and effects of global warming. What measures need to be taken to control global warming?
2. List all the wastes that you generate, at home, school or during your trips to other places. Could you very easily reduce the generation of these wastes? Which would be difficult or rather impossible to reduce?
1. What are the various constituents of domestic sewage? Discuss the effects of sewage discharge on a river.