8. What is the ecological principle behind the biological control method of managing with pest insects?
7. An orchid plant is growing on the branch of mango tree. How do you describe this interaction between the orchid and the mango tree?
6. Name important defence mechanisms in plants against herbivory.
5. If a population growing exponentially double in size in 3 years, what is the intrinsic rate of increase (r) of the population?
4. List the attributes that populations possess but not individuals
3. Most living organisms cannot survive at temperature above 450C. How are some microbes able to live in habitats with temperatures exceeding 1000C?
2. If a marine fish is placed in a freshwater aquarium, will the fish be able to survive? Why or why not?
1. Bacteria cannot be seen with the naked eyes, but these can be seen with the help of a microscope. If you have to carry a sample from your home to your biology laboratory to demonstrate the presence of microbes with the help of a microscope, which sample would you carry and why?