7. Draw five triangles and measure their sides. Check in each case, if the sum of the lengths of any two sides is always less than the third side.
6. If B is the mid point of AC and C is the mid point of BD, where A,B,C,D lie on a straight line, say why AB = CD?
4. If A,B,C are three points on a line such that AB = 5 cm, BC = 3 cm and AC = 8 cm, which one of them lies between the other two?
3. Draw any line segment, say AB. Take any point C lying in between A and B. Measure the lengths of AB, BC and AC. Is AB = AC + CB?
[Note : If A,B,C are any three points on a line such that AC + CB = AB, then we can be sure that C lies between A and B.]
1. What is the disadvantage in comparing line segments by mere observation?