9. The heights of 10 girls were measured in cm and the results are as follows:
135, 150, 139, 128, 151, 132, 146, 149, 143, 141.
(i) What is the height of the tallest girl?(ii) What is the height of the shortest girl?
(iii) What is the range of the data? (iv) What is the mean height of the girls?
(v) How many girls have heights more than the mean height.
8. The rainfall (in mm) in a city on 7 days of a certain week was recorded as follows:
(i) Find the range of the rainfall in the above data.
(ii) Find the mean rainfall for the week.
(iii) On how many days was the rainfall less than the mean rainfall.
7. The enrolment in a school during six consecutive years was as follows:
1555, 1670, 1750, 2013, 2540, 2820
Find the mean enrolment of the school for this period.
6. The marks (out of 100) obtained by a group of students in a science test are 85, 76, 90, 85, 39, 48, 56, 95, 81 and 75. Find the:
(i) Highest and the lowest marks obtained by the students.
(ii) Range of the marks obtained.
(iii) Mean marks obtained by the group.
5. Following table shows the points of each player scored in four games:
Now answer the following questions:
(i) Find the mean to determine A’s average number of points scored per game.
(ii) To find the mean number of points per game for C, would you divide the total points by 3 or by 4? Why?
(iii) B played in all the four games. How would you find the mean?
(iv) Who is the best performer?
4. A cricketer scores the following runs in eight innings: 58, 76, 40, 35, 46, 45, 0, 100. Find the mean score.
3. Find the mean of the first five whole numbers.
2. Organise the following marks in a class assessment, in a tabular form.
4, 6, 7, 5, 3, 5, 4, 5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 1, 9, 6, 5, 8, 4, 6, 7
(i) Which number is the highest? (ii) Which number is the lowest?
(iii) What is the range of the data? (iv) Find the arithmetic mean.