6. Angles Q and R of a are and . Write which of the following is true:
4. Which of the following can be the sides of a right triangle?
(i) , , 6 cm.
(ii) 2 cm, 2 cm, 5 cm.
(iii) , 2cm, .
In the case of right-angled triangles, identify the right angles.
3. A 15 m long ladder reached a window 12 m high from the ground on placing it against a wall at a distance a. Find the distance of the foot of the ladder from the wall.
Here. As we can see, The ladder with wall forms a right-angled triangle with
the vertical height of the wall = perpendicular = 12 m
length of ladder = Hypotenuse = 15 m
Now, As we know
In a Right-angled Triangle: By Pythagoras Theorem,
Hence the distance of the foot of the ladder from the wall is 9 m.
2. ABC is a triangle, right-angled at C. If and , find BC.
1. PQR is a triangle, right-angled at P. If and , find QR.
5. A tree is broken at a height of 5 m from the ground and its top touches the ground at a distance of 12 m from the base of the tree. Find the original height of the tree.
8. The diagonals of a rhombus measure 16 cm and 30 cm. Find its perimeter.
7. Find the perimeter of the rectangle whose length is 40 cm and a diagonal is 41 cm.