2. Draw rough sketches for the following:
(a) In , BE is a median.
(b) In , PQ and PR are altitudes of the triangle.
(c) In , YL is an altitude in the exterior of the triangle.
2. Write the:
(i) Side opposite to the vertex Q of
(ii) Angle opposite to the side LM of
(iii) Vertex opposite to the side RT of
2. Does a median lie wholly in the interior of the triangle? (If you think that this is not true, draw a figure to show such a case).
5. Can the altitude and median be same for a triangle?
(Hint: For Q.No. 4 and 5, investigate by drawing the altitudes for every type of triangle).
3. Will an altitude always lie in the interior of a triangle? If you think that this need not be true, draw a rough sketch to show such a case.
3. What can you say about the sum of an exterior angle of a triangle and its adjacent interior angle?
Yes, why because in each vertex there are two exterior angles are there and those are the vertically opposite angles also. therefore those are equal.
2. The two interior opposite angles of an exterior angle of a triangle are and . Find the measure of the exterior angle.
1. An exterior angle of a triangle is of measure and one of its interior opposite angles is of measure . Find the measure of the other interior opposite angle.
1. What can you say about each of the interior opposite angles, when the exterior angle is
(i) a right angle? (ii) an obtuse angle? (iii) an acute angle?
3. The three angles of a triangle are in the ratio . Find all the angles of the triangle. Classify the triangle in two different ways.