4. Which of the following can be the sides of a right triangle?
(i) , , 6 cm.
(ii) 2 cm, 2 cm, 5 cm.
(iii) , 2cm, .
In the case of right-angled triangles, identify the right angles.
3. A 15 m long ladder reached a window 12 m high from the ground on placing it against a wall at a distance a. Find the distance of the foot of the ladder from the wall.
Here. As we can see, The ladder with wall forms a right-angled triangle with
the vertical height of the wall = perpendicular = 12 m
length of ladder = Hypotenuse = 15 m
Now, As we know
In a Right-angled Triangle: By Pythagoras Theorem,
Hence the distance of the foot of the ladder from the wall is 9 m.
6. The lengths of two sides of a triangle are 12 cm and 15 cm. Between what two measures should the length of the third side fall?
1. Is it possible to have a triangle with the following sides?
(i) 2 cm, 3 cm, 5 cm (ii) 3 cm, 6 cm, 7 cm
(iii) 6 cm, 3 cm, 2 cm
1. Exterior angles can be formed for a triangle in many ways. Three of them are shown here (Fig )
There are three more ways of getting exterior angles. Try to produce those rough sketches.