A few measures can be taken to conserve electricity in our house are as follows:
- (i) Turn off unnecessary lights
- (ii) Turn off the fans in unoccupied rooms and also when they are not required.
- (iii) Try to use natural light as much as possible. Maximize the use of solar radiation.
- (iv) Unplug unused electronics.
- (v) During winters, use solar water heating system instead of electric heaters.
- (vi) Fluorescent tubes or CFL should be used instead of electric bulbs as they consume less electricity.
View full answer