Intake of small quantity of methanol can be lethal. Comment. 

Answers (1)

Methanol is very poisonous because it gets oxidized to methanol (formaldehyde) in the liver. Methanal reacts aggressively with the components of cells and causes the protoplasm to get coagulated (In the same way, as an egg gets coagulated on boiling). Methanol also affects the optic nerve causing blindness.

 CH_{3}OH+[O]\xrightarrow[H_{2}SO_{4}]{Na_{2}Cr_{2}O_{7}}CH_{2}O+H_{2}O 

Most Viewed Questions

Preparation Products

Knockout NEET 2024

Personalized AI Tutor and Adaptive Time Table, Self Study Material, Unlimited Mock Tests and Personalized Analysis Reports, 24x7 Doubt Chat Support,.

₹ 40000/-
Buy Now
Knockout NEET 2025

Personalized AI Tutor and Adaptive Time Table, Self Study Material, Unlimited Mock Tests and Personalized Analysis Reports, 24x7 Doubt Chat Support,.

₹ 45000/-
Buy Now
NEET Foundation + Knockout NEET 2024

Personalized AI Tutor and Adaptive Time Table, Self Study Material, Unlimited Mock Tests and Personalized Analysis Reports, 24x7 Doubt Chat Support,.

₹ 54999/- ₹ 42499/-
Buy Now
NEET Foundation + Knockout NEET 2024 (Easy Installment)

Personalized AI Tutor and Adaptive Time Table, Self Study Material, Unlimited Mock Tests and Personalized Analysis Reports, 24x7 Doubt Chat Support,.

₹ 3999/-
Buy Now
NEET Foundation + Knockout NEET 2025 (Easy Installment)

Personalized AI Tutor and Adaptive Time Table, Self Study Material, Unlimited Mock Tests and Personalized Analysis Reports, 24x7 Doubt Chat Support,.

₹ 3999/-
Buy Now
Boost your Preparation for JEE Main with our Foundation Course
 
Exams
Articles
Questions